15 March 2014

Elevate Cover Shoot with Miss North Carolina United States






Yesterday, I had the great pleasure of creating the cover for the April Issue of Elevate Magazine.  I'm not sure which they'll pick, but my favorite is above.  It's a pretty important issue--the publication of their annual "Best of the City" list. This sort of photography requires a great team of collaborators and I totally lucked out. 

To start, my model is beauty royalty--Elizabeth Safrit, the reigning Miss NC United States.  She's going for the national title.

Jennifer Misenheimer, is a long time creative partner and helped by styling the clothes, which we got from by Lipp Boutique, doing the hair (Jennifer was named Charlotte's best hair-stylist for 2013), and helping coach the model.

Angie Cottone, is a former model and extremely talented makeup artist.  We've done cover shoots before and are doing another editorial tomorrow.  She did Elizabeth's face.

Knowing I wanted a skyline view at sunset, I arranged to borrow a condo on the side of town that would place the skyline between.  The condo is for sale--$1-million, just in case you like the view.

Here's some behind the scenes the images:













No comments: